That was the summary of how missionary work went this week. Eric did express some wishful thinking about his assignment."So this week went by alright. Elisabeth and family are doing pretty good. Unfortunately they weren't at church this past week. They had to go out of town to a friend's funeral. That was a bummer. Also Robert is doing good but he didn't come to church either. Actually for maybe the first time ever, at least the first time in a very long time, we had 0 investigators at church. It was really frustrating on Sunday morning, we got a lot of different excuses from our investigators. So yeah that was for sure the low-light of the week. I think Robert and also Elisabeth and Carlos will be alright. Freddy is being taught a bit but he doesn't want to be baptised so we are planning on moving ahead with Elisabeth and Carlos' baptisms. Families take a lot of effort and time."
"I really want to find more Chinese people. If I had my wish I'd just get dropped from zl and have a Chinese speaking companion in a university area and do all Chinese work. I miss those days but that's not what's in the cards right now. And it will probably never be in the cards again so I should probably get over it. Or I could get transfered to China. I was born a few years too early for that I'm afraid as well. I should probably get over that as well. But yeah I still really want to find some good Chinese people. I feel like I've already talked to every Chinese person in this area though."
He clearly has developed a great love for the Chinese people and their language. I expect that will remain with him throughout his life. I certainly hope he will see the day that missionaries are allowed in China. That will be a glorious event for sure.
"I also liked getting a great cd from the Brookfield primary today! It was so ace. [There's that word again.] It was great to hear Alex and Julia's voices. They have grown up a lot, you can just tell by their voices. That was very very nice of them to send that. Tell them thanks for me please, it meant a lot."
"Those were taken by a shop in city centre. We took all those on christmas day. It was crazy, there was nobody there. I felt like I was in the movie I Am Legend."And a weather report:
"England has been hit with a lot of snow. This country can't handle it. It is both amusing and frustrating. A few inches of snow throws all these redcoats for a loop."He talked a little about his plans for the fall. He is still planning to return to BYU, and room with some of his friends from his freshman year. He seems excited about that, but doesn't really want to think or talk much about the post-mission plans, because he is so focused on what he is doing now. On the other hand, he hasn't lost his interest in sports.
"Keep me updated on your lives and the NFL playoffs and bowl games. I hope to watch some of it. There's a missionary in our zone who is a big Chargers fan and has been jawing a bit with president about a potential Colts vs. Chargers matchup in the AFC championship game. President is a big Colts fan. The missionary is trying to convince president to let us watch it at the mission home with him. Of course he is only allowed to watch pre-recorded sports with zone leader approval so I may need to supervise."And in closing:
"So yeah sorry, but thats about all I got for the week. Elder Rondo and I need to have a big week this week to get back on track. I love you all. Thanks for your prayers and support. Talk to you later!
No comments:
Post a Comment