Monday, April 5, 2010

March 9, 2010 - Faith always looks forward

This week's e-mail began on an upbeat note:
"Well I hope you had a good week, ours was great. We have seen some good success. So this past week's highlight was that we had 8 investigators at church and our zone broke the zone record for sacrament meeting attendance. That was really exciting. It seems like the teams here are getting really excited and growing in faith. It has been great to see. Some of the teams who haven't had a scheduled investigator or who haven't brought people to church in a long time have picked it up."
It's exciting to see him not only take responsibility for his own work, but also for the efforts of the other missionaries in his zone.

"As for our teaching pool it is doing alright. Richard, Eva and Perlin once again came to church and supported the Chinese work. Richard has accepted to live the word of wisdom, sabbath day, law of tithing and law of chastity. So that is really good. He is so sincere and is getting answers to his prayers. Unfortunately he didn't feel ready to be baptised this week. I guess he has a girlfriend in China and he has realized the impact that joining the church would have on his future family. So it is really good that he takes it seriously. We just have to help him see that if he takes that step of faith then things will work out."
 "Also this past week our amazing ward mission leader, Brother Horwell gave us another great referral. His name is Joseph and he is from South Africa and came to church this past week. We are seeing him on Wednesday night. He also has a wife that we are hoping to teach."
 For the first time in as long as we can remember, Eric expressed a little discouragement:
"You know me, I am prone to get discouraged and worry which isn't what God wants me to do. I struggle sometimes because I get a bit discouraged and I get ashamed because I don't want people to know I'm discouraged because I know I shouldn't be discouraged and it just kind of leads to a bad cycle. I just don't want to disappoint my mission president and most importantly I don't want to disappoint my Savior. I think he expects me to be more than just an average missionary and I've felt pretty average as of late. I do know however that he appreciates the sacrifice and I know that my commitment is what matters most. I think I have kept my goal of not having any regrets. I think I can honestly look back and know that I have worked my hardest thus far. I just need to not be as discouraged and self-critical because that is only destructive. Today however is exciting. Faith always looks forward and I am looking forward to great things. I know my Heavenly Father will bless me with miracles if I push forward with faith, through these trials. He wants me to prove to myself that I can do it. I know it is possible, but only with the help of my Savior."
 And to close:
"I love all of you. I know that Jesus Christ is my Lord and my Redeemer. I know that it is only through him that I can receive salvation."

No comments: